Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine News and Blogs
We are calling for contributors to submit one off or more regular items to our News & Blog section of the JPRM website.
• If you have news to share or press releases to be published, send it in and we can post it here.
• If you write about pediatric rehabilitation medicine and wish to write a post on a topic close to your heart, we would love to hear from you.
• If you have your own blog covering this field and wish to share your content, we can re-post here if you get in touch and let us know.
• If you are a researcher and are open to doing a Q&A with us, please get in touch and we'll send over some questions.
• If you would like to feature your Peds PM & R institution. Read about the Department of Developmental Paediatrics at the MOSC Medical College!
All authors of blog posts will be cited in the published item and a short profile can be included at the end of your piece, if provided.
News items (i.e., where press releases are published on the site) will include contact details for people to get in touch for further information.
Guidance on Blogs
The Journal of Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine (JPRM) invites researchers, clinicians practitioners, allied healthcare professionals, and individuals interested in any matters covered by JPRM to submit blog ideas for consideration. We strongly encourage those interested to reach out prior to drafting the post.
• Blog posts must cover a topic important to pediatric rehabilitation medicine or a related topic.
• Blog posts will be reviewed by a journal editor and staff, along with external experts as appropriate. The author may receive feedback.
• Blog posts should be factually and scientifically sourced and accurate. As appropriate, please provide reference citations with links.
• References are not always necessary in blog posts, although if required, it is recommended no more than 20 references should be cited.
• Blog posts may not be defamatory.
• The journal reserves the right to edit for grammar, length, clarity, and editorial style. Authors will be advised of edits prior to publication. As appropriate, the editor/journal may return the post for revisions prior to publication.
• Authors are asked to consider royalty-free artwork that may accompany their posts. The authors must be able to provide details and source of these royalty-free images. If no images are supplied, the editor will select appropriate visuals.
• The suggested length for posts is 300 to 1500 words. For lengthy submissions, the journal reserves the right to suggest reducing length or splitting the article into multiple posts.
• The post title should be clear about the point of the post – what's in it for the reader? How will they benefit by reading?
• We suggest including a call to action (for instance, by asking questions) and prompting the reader to “learn more.”
• We suggest thinking in terms of a broader story. What motivated you to start the feature?
• Authors retain copyright on their content and may reproduce it elsewhere. JPRM/IOS Press retains the right to use the content on promotional materials for the journal. We encourage authors to share the JPRM website link when promoting the article. The post can be cited according to the following style:
Author. “Article Title” (<add publication date, month, year>). Link: <add URL> (last accessed: <add date>).